2021 Classical Viennese Festival
Deadline extended to 11:59, Sunday, March 14
The Seattle International Piano Festival (SIPF) is proud to present the ninth annual Classical Viennese Festival for pianists and string participants. This competitive event was created to showcase classical and pre-classical sonata forms. Important for clarity and formal understanding, the sonata and related classical forms are often neglected or underrepresented in competitive events, and to provide performers with constructive feedback from performing and teaching masters. Participants will receive educational evaluations by performing for adjudicators, and a chance to certificates and medals during this competitive event.
This festival sets forth a number of age groups, as well as several narrowly defined performance categories so that they may be fairly judged, and generously decorated.
The 2021 Classical Viennese Festival is conducted exclusively by video recording submission. Those familiar with previous years should note a number of changes, including:
- Concerto Division: The concerto division (for pianists) resumes this year. Piano accompaniment is not required.
- Age Categories: Categories for youth have been narrowed to allow greater equity.
- String Participants: The violin division has been widened to accept all string participants. Entrants need not supply a piano accompaniment.
- Program for Auditors: After the close of applications, a hyperlinked program will be published including all fully competitive participants.
- Category Clarification: The “6 Viennese Sonatinas” by W.A. Mozart are considered under category (F) Sonatas by W.A. Mozart for the purposes of category division.