The SIPF is proud to announce the twelfth annual Classical Viennese Festival. With a deadline of March 13, this edition widens eligibility to not only pianists, but all instrumentalists with expanded divisions of participation and more narrow age brackets for youth. Collegiate, Professional, and amateur adult artists are also invited to participate.
The 2023 Classical Viennese Festival is conducted exclusively by video recording submission. Those familiar with previous years should review the rules for the 2023 carefully, as there are a number of lesser and more significant changes. These include:
- Open registration for all instrumentalists, including smaller performance divisions for non-pianists (pre-classical sonatas, classical sonatas, miscellaneous classical works, classical variations, duos/duets, and instrumental classical concerti)
- Age categories by one year brackets, as well as collegiate, professional, and adult amateur participation groups
- Clarified rules and application form
- Elimination of spoken introduction requirement (links must bear the performer’s name in the title and/or contents area)
- As usual, video links from our distinguished gold medalists will be displayed on the winners’ page
- As usual, distribution of certificates and comment sheets will be exclusively digital via email communication; physical medal distribution will take place at a time and manner to be published after results are released
For complete rules and details, visit the festival page.
Deadline: 9:00 pm,
Monday, March 13, Tuesday, March 28, 2023 Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Participation: by pre-recorded video submissions