2019 Virtuoso Festival
The Seattle International Piano Festival (SIPF) is proud to present for the fourth time the Virtuoso Festival for local and international pianists, violinists, and chamber musicians featuring works from the Romantic to the current era. Participants of any age or nationality may participate. This competitive event was created to provide performing opportunities for those who wish to share their love of Romantic, Impressionistic, and Modern repertoire (for solo piano, violin, and chamber music with piano) and to provide performers with constructive feedback from performing and teaching masters.
This festival sets forth narrowly defined age groups so that they may be fairly judged, and generously decorated. Those familiar with previous years, should note the festival’s divisions, format, and important details, including:
- NOTIFICATION: participants may now seek their time slots by Tuesday, May 1 on the itinerary page, rather than email notification.
- INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: participants of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- GRAND PRIX: the bi-annual Grand Prix resumes in 2019, and this year defines the age category for 14-18. To participate, enter with an etude by Chopin or Liszt, AND one major work (9+ minutes) of romantic or later eras.
- SINGLE WORK / MULTIPLE WORKS: the additional subdivision of solo participants into single work, or two or more works of at least two contrasting styles.
- PRIZES: gold, silver, bronze medalists, plus any number of honorable mentions.
- REGISTRATION: the form is now online, accepting credit cards for application fees and online signatures. The form is available here.
2019 Virtuoso Festival Rules, Guidelines, and Agreement
Application Deadline: The online registration period closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, April 25. The festival takes place all day Sunday, May 12. Participants may check their time slots shortly after April 29. Click here to be directed to the application form. Please be sure to read the entire rules, guidelines, and agreement.
2019 Virtuoso Festival Adjudicators: TBA
Link: Application Form