2017 Virtuoso Festival
The Seattle International Piano Festival (SIPF) is proud to present for the third time the Virtuoso Festival for local and international pianists, violinists, and chamber musicians featuring works from the Romantic to the current era. Participants of any age or nationality may participate. This competitive event was created to provide performing opportunities for those who wish to share their love of Romantic, Impressionistic, and Modern repertoire (for solo piano, violin, and chamber music with piano) and to provide performers with constructive feedback from performing and teaching masters.
This festival sets forth narrowly defined age groups so that they may be fairly judged, and generously decorated. Those familiar with previous years, should note a number of changes, including:
- REGISTRATION: the form is now online, accepting credit cards for application fees and online signatures. The form is available here
- NOTIFICATION: participants may now seek their time slots by Tuesday, May 16 on the itinerary page, rather than email notification.
- INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: participants of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- ADDITIONAL STYLE PERIODS: the 2017 Virtuoso Festival now includes Romantic, Impressionistic, and Contemporary styles for pianists, violinists, and chamber musicians.
- GRAND PRIX: the bi-annual Grand Prix returns in 2017 for ambitious pianists, requiring one word by Chopin and one Contemporary work, one of which must be virtuosic in nature.
- SINGLE WORK / MULTIPLE WORKS: the additional subdivision of solo participants into single work, or two or more works of at least two contrasting styles.
- PRIZES: a return to gold, silver, bronze medalists, plus any number of honorable mentions
2017 Virtuoso Festival Rules, Guidelines, and Agreement
Application Deadline: The online registration period closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, May 11, 2017. The festival takes place all day Sunday, May 21. Participants may check their time slots shortly after May 15. Click here to be directed to the application form. Please be sure to read the entire rules, guidelines, and agreement.
2017 Virtuoso Festival Adjudicators:
Dr. Natalya Ageyeva – Natalya Ageyeva has dazzled audiences throughout the United States and internationally, including Italy, Austria, and Israel, as well as on tour in her native Russia. Her performances have also been broadcast several times locally on KING-FM in Seattle and televised in Moscow and Chicago. She has appeared at a broad range of venues, including the Governor’s Mansion in Olympia, Carnegie Hall in New York, Benaroya Hall in Seattle, and the… more…
Dr. Sławomir Dobrzański – A versatile pianist with a broad repertoire, Sławomir Dobrzański frequently performs a soloist and chamber musician in Europe, South America, China, and throughout the United States. As a soloist, he performed in Poland, Germany, Lithuania, Slovakia, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Macedonia, Spain, France, China, Taiwan, Ecuador, Peru, Paraguay, Argentina, Canada, and throughout the United States. He participated in the… more…
Link: Application Form