AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND WAIVER
I, the PARTICIPANT or the PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN of the AGE 17 OR YOUNGER PARTICIPANT (hereinafter collectively referred to as “PARTICIPANT”), hereby comply fully and in good faith with all regulations, rules, and procedures as outlined in the 2023 Virtuoso Artists Festival General Rules. I understand that the Seattle International Piano Festival (hereinafter referred to as “SIPF”) reserves the right to prohibit from future activities any PARTICIPANT and/or other students of the teacher or coach of the PARTICIPANT for failure to adhere to said rules. The participant agrees to treat the organizers, volunteers, and adjudicators of the 2023 Virtuoso Artists Festival with respect, and promises not to harass or malign any such individuals connect with or about the event’s activities, including, but not limited to its guest adjudicators. Furthermore, the participant hereby affirms to the fact that all information entered in conjunction with the participant’s application is true and accurate. The participant also promises to adhere to a rules and guidelines set forth in the pages above of the “2023 Virtuoso Artists Festival Rules, Information, and Application” document.
I, the PARTICIPANT, hereby waive, release, and grant to and for the benefit of the SIPF and/or its assignees, any and all rights that I may have to any recordings, videography, and/or photographs made by or for the SIPF of any performance or event organized or sponsored by it. I understand and agree that by virtue of this waiver, release, and grant of rights, the SIPF will have the right to make full and unrestricted use of such recordings, videography, and/or photographs, including without limitation, in advertisements, commercial ventures, and promotions and for the sale or lease of same, without any fee or other compensation owed to the participant.
I, the PARTICIPANT, fully and in good faith intending to be bound thereby, do hereby promise not to initiate any claim, lawsuit, or other legal action, pertaining to any action or omission by the SIPF relating directly or indirectly to the piano competition as to which application is herewith being made. This promise is made as a condition of the application, and in consideration for the SIPF’s processing and evaluation of the application. This promise constitutes an acceptance and agreement by the PARTICIPANT that, for example, decisions by competition judges are final and unappealable, and the physical spaces of the competition/festival venues are reasonably safe and appropriate for their intended purposes. (However, this promise is not in any respect limited to the above two examples.) I intend that this promise be fully binding upon the PARTICIPANT, as well as upon heirs, successors, and assignees of the PARTICIPANT. This promise applies to the application process, the competition, and all events under the purview of the 2023 Seattle International Piano Festival and its associated activities and/or events.
D. APPLICATION FORM SIGNATURES
The participant promises to adhere to a rules and guidelines set forth in the above pages of the “Virtuoso Artists Festival Rules, Information, and Application” document. By clicking the “I agree to the terms and conditions below” selection on the electronic application for the 2023 Virtuoso Artists Festival, the participant fully affirms his or her legal ability and willingness to enter into this agreement, and that the above statements in this agreement are true, and legally binding upon the participant. Clicking to agree constitutes a legally binding e-signature, and carries the same legal weight as a signed signature. Furthermore, you are agreeing to the following:
1) This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral Agreement, contains the entire Agreement, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other Agreement whether oral or written;
2) This Agreement may be modified or amended by the SIPF;
3) In the event that the SIPF requires the services of an attorney in connection with enforcement of this Agreement, or in the event that litigation is commenced, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees;
4) If any provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited;
5) Failure of the SIPF to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of the SIPF’s rights to subsequently enforce this Agreement;
6) This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Washington and venue shall lie in King County; and
7) This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, all of which shall be deemed to be an original and constitute a single Agreement. An electronic transmission bearing any person’s acceptance of the terms and conditions shall have the same force and effect as the original of this Agreement bearing such person’s signature.
By clicking the “I agree to the terms and conditions below” selection on the electronic application for the 2023 Virtuoso Artists Festival, the participant fully affirms that the above statements in this agreement are true, and legally binding upon the participant.