The 7th bi-annual Seattle International Piano Festival & Competition takes place Sept 29 through Oct 2, 2017.
Singled out in 2010 by The Wall Street Journal as one of the world’s most inclusive competitions, the SIPC continues to provide one of the most equitable opportunities for artistic recognition in the world. This two-round competition invites aspiring artists to submit recordings in order to compete for prize money, recognition, and other awards.
Increased award money for the 2017 competition and new performing opportunities for semi-finalists during the September/October festival are among the changes.
- Open repertoire
- No age limits for adult categories
- Over $15,000 in total prize money
- Recorded preliminary round
- Live final round in Seattle in September/October
- All rounds conducted blind
- Jurors to be announced during the summer, 2017
Application deadline: Monday, May 15 Friday, July 7, 2017
Final round dates: September 29 – October 2, 2017